Saturday, October 2, 2010

Greeting Card Witch

I first saw a card very similar to this on Diana Gibbs' blog.  I really loved her card, but I had to change it up a bit since I didn't have the Wicked Fun dsp.  How is it that once I get an idea in my head, I find it so hard NOT to think about it?  Then inspiration hit me one day while blog surfing. I saw the color combo that Dawn Griffith used on a card, Tangerine Tango and Peach Parfait.  Thus, my card came to life!


I cut the background pieces large enough to leave just 1/16th of an inch around the edges.  I kinda like that look.  I stamped the girl using StazOn jet black ink on watercolor paper.  I colored it with several different marker colors and also used my aqua painter on the dress and the pumpkin. I thought about adding a sentiment, but I chose a simpler look.  What do you think?

If you'd like to know how to create this cute card, please join me at the Oil City YWCA on Monday, October 11th at my stamp camp.  Call 676-6528 to register.

7 comments:

Diana Carr said...

Love the way you did the background! Now following you from Stampin' Connection.

Diana
www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

Bev Gomez said...

Love your card Susan! I am following you from the Stampin Connection! Bev www.stampingwithbev.blogspot.com

helloholley said...

Cute card....I'm following from SC!!

Cahos' Chaos said...

Wow, 2 Diana's following you thru SC. Very pretty card. TFS and God Bless.

Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Patty said...

Great card!!! I'm your newest follower through the thread on Stampin' Connection. I invite you to stop by and follow me as well at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

Have a great day!!

Amy Rogers said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I'm following you...
Amy
amysstampincreations.blogspot.com

AnnMarie said...

This is adorable! Following along from VA! :)