Sunday, January 2, 2011

Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams

I mentioned in an earlier post that I have a younger sister.  Well, I also have a younger brother named Joe. He's the baby of the family, but he's all grown up now.  In fact, he's a successful pharmacist currently living in Winchester, Virginia (and he's single ; )  ).

When Joe came home to visit in the first week of December, he made a stop to the Victorian Christmas Bazaar where I had a table selling my Stampin' Up! goodies.  (I didn't sell many cards, but I did make a profit.  That will be the topic of another post.)  Anyhow, it was really the first time that Joe had seen what I do and all that Stampin' Up! has to offer.

Joe's passion is Beachbody. He signed up to be a Beachbody Coach about a year ago.  You may have seen those Insanity/P90X workout infomercials on TV.  Well that is part of what Beachbody sells.  He has really gotten into this whole workout thing and thinks everyone else should too. 

Beachbody is also a direct sales company.  After just a year, Joe has sponsored several other coaches.  When he saw some of my Christmas cards, Joe asked if he could buy some to give to the coaches in his down line.   I said, "Yes!"  To make a long story short, Joe forgot to take the Christmas cards with him that weekend.  The next time he came home was a few days before Christmas, and it seemed too late to send them.

Joe still wanted to send some kind of cards to his team. I agreed to make them for him, but didn't know exactly what.  Then last week I had an "Ah ha!" moment and reached for my Word Play stamp set.  I inked up the stamp "Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams," made a sample card, took a photo, and emailed it to Joe.  I thought that this would be the perfect card to send:



Stamps:  Word Play
Paper: marina mist, pacific point, poppy parade, soft suede, whisper white, designer series paper patterns pack brights, designer series paper pack in color (hostess level 1)
Ink: marina mist, soft suede, and poppy parade markers
Accessories: dimensionals

Joe loved the cards!  Said it was perfect for the occasion.  He printed the Beachbody emblem small enough to punch out with the 1 3/4" circle punch and glued it to the inside of the card (sorry, no photo.)  Joe said that the Marina Mist color that I used for the card base was almost the same as the Beachbody emblem color.  Joe is writing an encouraging message to each member of his team to do well in the upcoming year.  As a bonus, he said he would enclose a copy of my Stampin' Up! business card in each envelope.  Thanks, Joe! 

Here is link to Joe's Shakeology web site.  Shakeology is a nutritional product marketed by Beachbody.

Happy stamping!

Susan

No comments: