Saturday, May 14, 2011

A (Belated) Mother's Day Card

Here's the card that I made my mom for Mother's Day.  I did give it to her on time, just didn't have time to post it (and Blogger was on the fritz for a day or two).



I used my bone folder to add veins in the petals and leaves.  The large petals are Pretty in Pink and the small petals are So Saffron all sponged with Rich Razzleberry ink.  The center of the flower and the small petals are dotted with a Crumb Cake marker.

We had some great weather for a day or two.  Now it's going to rain all weekend.  Bradley was supposed to have a game this evening.  I'm just waiting for the coach to call and cancel it.  I've already heard from more than one kid, "Mom, I'm bored!  What's there to do?"  My stadard answer is, "Clean your room!"  Somehow they always find something else to occupy their time.  Maybe we'll find a good movie to watch.  I'm gonna try and get some stamping done.

Stamps: Something to Celebrate (retired)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake marker
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots textured impressions embossing folder, Blossom Petals punch

Happy Stamping!

Susan

3 comments:

bensarmom said...

What a beautiful card. I know she had to LOVE it!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hi Susan!

I took your suggestion from SC and "googled" you, lol! So yeah, I'm here, even without a link!!!! *raspberry!*

Twila said...

Such a pretty card. The veins really add depth to the flowers. Great idea. Nice to meet you Susan. :)