Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Card

On Thanksgiving Day four years ago, I gave birth to my youngest daughter, Clarice. We had an absolutely awesome home birth!  We also missed Thanksgiving dinner with my family.  Luckily for me, there were plenty of leftovers from my mom and dad's house. I remember the food tasting so good.  I was famished from the birthing marathon I had just been through.  It's a great thing to have given birth at Thanksgiving.

There are many things to be thankful for.  I am most thankful for my family!   Every night there is always something going on at our house - someone is hungry, someone has homework, someone is fighting, someone is hurt or sick, someone is entering puberty (now there's a new chapter to add to my mothering book!), someone is crying, someone is laughing, etc. Mothering is absolutely exhausting at times.  But my kids are SO worth it!  I learn more from them about life than I learned from my own.  Each one of them brings different blessings to our family.

Here's my card to go along with that theme. I'm entering it in the SUO Challenge.



Stamps: Gently Falling, Woodgrain, Grateful Greetings
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgundy, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Artichoke Denim ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

Susan

6 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful card and you have a beautiful story to go along with it! Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks to you for entering the SUO Challenge this week!

bensarmom said...

Susan, you are so right in your entry about family and kids. Your card is beautiful. Might have to case!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card and your sentiment is perfect for Thanksgiving! I really enjoyed your post!

Heidi Baks said...

What a great mothering story! The woodgrain BG for this card is perfect! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Cindy said...

Wow, the woodgrain background is the perfect under the leaves - love this! So happy you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Jen Timko said...

This is wonderful and the perfect sentiment to go with the story you shared. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!