Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Angels

Yesterday afternoon the elementary bus that my two daughters ride was over 10 minutes late coming home.  The schools they attend are only blocks away, so I knew that something was amiss.  I called my husband at work and he told me that there was a bus accident across town.  I started to pray for whoever was injured.  A few minutes later, the girls safely arrived home.  My dear Annika was concerned about being late because she had no way of contacting me and knew I'd be worried.

I still didn't know any details about the collision with the bus.  Rumors were going around town, so I found some information online.  Here is a link to the news article.  The front page of The Derrick had this photo on it:

001p1.jpg 

The teenage driver of the car suffered multiple fractures and other injuries.  I haven't heard an update on his condition, but he was life-flighted from the scene.  Several students on the bus suffered minor injuries.  Please pray for all of those who are suffering from this tragic accident.

I haven't updated my blog in a few weeks.  I participated in a vendor fair a few weeks ago and was busy making cards, etc. to sell.  Then I've just been busy with life.

Here is a card that I made for my friend, Tina.  She bought the stamp set from me and insisted that I use it before delivering it to her.  Today's card is a personal reminder of how thankful I am for my family.


Stamp Set:  Angelic Joy
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, regal dsp
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, versamark
Accessories:  gold embossing powder, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon. modern label punch

I have another version of this card using Concord Crush and Daffodil Delight.


Happy Stamping!

Susan

1 comment:

bensarmom said...

Beautiful cards Susan. I am praying for the young man and his family. The car looks horrible. Knowing God is in control helps so much.