Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas ATCs

I've got my four children home for the Christmas holiday : )  My sister, who only has one child and lives in a spotless house on the weekends (she lives with my mom and dad during the week because of her job -- long story!) came to visit this morning.  Toys, pillows, blankets, dirty dishes, etc. were ALL over the living room floor.  Even after she complained, I didn't even care.  My kids are having fun and that's what matters.  The mess has been cleaned up numerous times and it will get cleaned up again.

Today I'm sharing Christmas ATCs that I sent out earlier this week.  I belong to the Transit Traders, an artist trading card group that meets quarterly to, of course, trade cards, share techniques, etc.  At the October meeting we all decided to make Christmas ATCs and send them to everyone in the group.  At first I thought, "Oh no!  One more thing that I have to do for Christmas."

Cards from other members started arriving in the mail and I started to feel the pressure.  It took me a while to decide exactly what I was going to do. Once I got started I really enjoyed creating these beauties: 



I stamped the trees with versamark, then applied white embossing powder.  After that, I used the void area from the scallop oval punch to add clouds to the sky and snow to the ground.  My only regret is that I didn't put a "merry Christmas" on it somewhere. But I like it how it is.  And that's how I like my living room, too.

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver, Night of Navy
Ink:  versamark, craft white
Accessories:  white embossing powder, scallop oval punch, sponge dauber

1 comment:

bensarmom said...

Susan, these are just beautiful! I love your story about your living room. I love too that it's yours and you'll clean it up when you're ready to clean it! LOL