Friday, February 18, 2011

Where's that card when I need it?

Yesterday morning I opened the newspaper and read the obituaries like I always do.  I am always curious about who died and I really can't explain why.  Sometimes I don't know anyone in the obits.  That's a good thing, right?  Then there are times when a young person dies and I wonder how he/she died.  Then there are the babies...  Even if I don't know anyone, I always say a quick prayer for those who have passed away along with one for those who are left behind.

Yesterday was a little different.  The mother of one of Randy's co-workers passed away.  This lady was also an acquaintance of my mother.  Of course, I didn't have any sympathy cards ready to go.  So I made one:


Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Springtime Vintage dsp
Ink: Always Artichoke, Marina Mist
Accessories: Victoria crochet trim, Marina Mist 1/4 inch grosgrain, basic pearls, scallop oval punch, oval punch, dimensionals

I have been invited to participate in two different all-occasion card swaps this month.  My plan is to make similar sympathy cards. I'm sure my swappers would appreciate receiving them.  After all, I don't want them to say, "Where's that card when I need it?"

Happy stamping!

Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beuatiful card Susan, I too never have a card on hand for some reason. Go figure...but I think I will make some today for just this reason. Enjoy your weekend!~Donna

bensarmom said...

Susan that is a gorgeous card. It is sure to bring peace and comfort. I say a prayer when I see or hear an ambulance for the person who needs help, the people giving the help,and the family. It's a little thing to do and sometimes I smile because they don't know that even during their crisis someone is praying for them. Bless you for your praying ministry.

Holly Lynn Gibbons said...

Beautiful Card Cuz, we really should get together one night next week. I am anxious to get a demonstration of your products. -Holly