Saturday, March 12, 2011

Simple Swap Cards

This month I was asked to participate in two different swaps.  Of course, being the Stampin' Mom of Four, I combined my efforts and used the same card layout for both swaps.  Why make anything more complicated for myself?!?

There's one weakness that I have that's a bit difficult to admit -- I hoard designer series paper!!!  I'm not alone.  Closet hoarders are everywhere!  They just don't admit it.  What I can't understand is why some of us have the urge to save designer series paper. It's so gorgeous that we should be sharing it with everyone we see!  Could you imagine me at Walmart in the diaper aisle showing the mom (or dad!) next to me the beauty of the Springtime Vintage dsp?!?

On the other end of the spectrum, there are people who never buy designer series paper.  Why is that???  Are they afraid they'll never use?  Are they afraid to cut up the paper?

For only $9.95, designer series paper (AKA dsp) is worth the cost!  You get 12 sheets total: two 12" x 12" sheets of six double-sided design.  That's equates to only $1.20/sheet. What a bargain! 

Here are the cards I made:




Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, Style Beautiful
Paper: Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke,Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Springtime Vintage designer series paper
Ink: Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, dimensionals

At first, I cut the dsp 4" x 5 1/4" then planned to overlay a piece of very vanilla cut with the top note die like I did with this card.  But that would've covered up the beauty of this paper.  That's why I decided to keep it simple.  These cards were quick to create, too.  I used Tombow adhesive to attach the zigzag trim because Snail is a bit too wide.

I forgot to take a photo of the inside of these cards. I stamped the smallest image from the Style Beautiful stamp set in Not Quite Navy (stamped off) onto a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla to decorate the inside. I also stamped the image on the corner of the envelope.

One of the personal goals I set for myself this year is to use an entire package of designer series paper.  And I have to say (write) that I'm on my way to meeting that goal.  "I cut the dsp and I'm okay.  I cut the dsp and I'm okay.  I cut the dsp and I'm okay."  Call it my exposure therapy.

Happy Stamping!

Susan

1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

Hi! My name is Celia, and I hoard DSP. My problem is that I don't know the best way to use it since I don't scrapbook, and there doesn't seem to be enough in a package for a card class or camp. I just need to learn more, I guess!