Saturday, July 9, 2011

My First Blog Post After "The Crash"

Please, please, please make sure that your computer data is backed up!  The Carlson household computing functions have been fully restored.  What a pain (at least for me!) getting the network "communicating," etc.  Just put it this way -- computing is NOT one of my gifts.   We had to order out a few night because I just didn't have time to cook.  But I got the job done : )

Of course, all of this computer distraction put a damper on my stamping time.  And I has to reinstall my camera and editing software... another hurdle that I overcame!  Let's see, what can I share with you today ...



Here's a card that I made to display at my Open House. I also demo'd it at Tammy's workshop a few days ago.  (Inspiration for this card came from Julie DiMatteo. This card uses the new In Color card stock called Wisteria Wonder.  I used the Color Coach to find Wisteria Wonder's "Dynamic Duo," Elegant Eggplant.  I stamped each image once with Elegant Eggplant,  then stamped them again in Versamark and heat embossed them using white embossing powder.  Then I used the new Lace Ribbon Border punch along with some white taffeta ribbon.  The sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set layered with the Extra Large Oval punch and the Decorative Label punch.

Stamps: Delicate Doilies
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Versamark
Accessories: Embossing Buddy, white embossing powder, heat tool, Lace Ribbon Border punch, Extra Large Oval punch, Decorative Label punch, Whisper White taffeta ribbon

I also made a few other cards this way using "Dynamic Duos." Everyone at Tammy's workshop enjoyed these cards.

Happy Stamping!

Susan (I can't get my signature to go below these photos.)

Lucky Limeade with Always Artichoke





Pool Party with Island Indigo


Pretty in Pink with Melon Mambo

3 comments:

bensarmom said...

Susan,
These are just gorgeous! I may have to CASE your idea! Thanks for sharing.

Julie DiMatteo said...

Thank you, Susan! Beautiful!

StampingBetty said...

Lovely!