Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Masculine Card Blog Hop
Welcome to the Hoppers' Blog Hop! This month our wonderfully creative demonstrators will be focusing on masculine projects. Elaine from Create 'N Stamp with Elaine Uhl has a fabulous prize pack to give away. Just leave a comment on every blog on the hop and she'll choose a random winner at the end of the month.
Now onto my creation:
I purposefully chose two items that will be retiring at the end of this month: Well Worn designer series paper and the Trendy Trees stamp set. (To see a complete list of retiring stamps and accessories, go here.) The Well Worn dsp is perfect for creating masculine cards. I punched out various patterns from the pack with the 1 1/4" circle punch then adhered them to a piece of Early Espresso then punched the two layers out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. This method creates perfect layers.
All six pieces were adhered to the Stripes embossed River Rock layer with Stampin' Dimensionals. I inked the sentiment with Early Espresso ink and stamped it on a scrap of River Rock, then I punched it out with the Word Window punch, then adhered it to a scrap of Early Espresso and punched it with the Modern Label punch and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. The card base is Early Espresso.
This is a super easy layout that can be used with all types of designer series paper. Later this week, I'll show you a feminine card using the same layout.
Here is list of the other bloggers. Be sure to leave an encouraging comment and you might just win some goodies!
1. Elaine Uhl - http://createnstamp.blogspot.com/2012/04/masculine-birthday-card.html
2. Tina Davis - http://www.tinadavisstamps.blogspot.com/p/stampin-hop.html
3. You are here
4. Deana Stiles - http://deanastiles.blogspot.com/2012/05/Mays-Masculine-Card-Blog-Hop.html
5. Sharon Jacobs-Fisher http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sharon/blog?directBlogUrl=/blo...
6. Diane Squires - http://joyfulstampin.blogspot.com/2012/05/hoppers-masculine-blog-ho...
7. Michelle Clarke - http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/michelleclarke/blog?directBlog...
8. Ariane McCosh - http://rubbernink.com/?p=3848
Stamps: Trendy Trees (retiring May 31st!)
Paper: Early Espresso, River Rock, Well Worn designer series paper
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Big Shot, Stripes textured impressions embossing folder, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Stampin' Dimensionals