Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birthday Bash #3

This is the third card from my Birthday Bash Stamp Camp.  It was inspired by the photo in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  It is the girliest card of the bunch because of the pink.

I had planned on using Bakers's Twine for the balloon strings. Then I got to thinking how complicated it would be for everyone to string it, etc.  So I picked up my trusty Chocolate Chip marker and drew the strings on!  How clever is that?!?  One of my customers suggested to a fellow stamper to draw a figure 8 for the loops at the bottom of the balloon - also, a clever idea!  After May 31st, the Chocolate Chip marker will only be available when you buy the set of Neutrals markers.  It will not be available separately.  My brush tip is getting a bit frayed, so I got another one now while I could.

Stamps: Party This Way (retiring on May 31st!!!)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Whisper White, Subtles Patterned dsp
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip ink and marker
Accessories: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Small Oval punch, Word Window punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

Susan

2 comments:

bensarmom said...

Genius to use the choc chip marker! I love when great ideas come just in time to keep you from having to do difficult things! LOL Pretty card Susan~

Margaret said...

Very pretty and I love the popped up balloons! Great idea on the strings! Much easier than trying to glue down the twine!!