Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bonnie's Beautiful Bird Birthday Card

I love alliterations. Can you tell by the title?

Last month I did a workshop for some ladies who've been stamping for a few years.  They're a neat group who work together (or whose husbands work together) and share a joy of paper crafting.  During every workshop that I do, I always do the "door prize" thing.  Well, this time I had all of them add their birthday to the bottom of the sheet.  I made no promises about sending them birthday cards, but I said I'd try.  Weeks passed and I forgot about the birthdays written on those door prize forms.  Then just last week I began looking for the forms and discovered that  I COULDN'T FIND THEM.  Two of them were sitting on my work table, but the others had disappeared.  Why weren't they all together?  How could the librarian in me forget to file the birthdays away someplace safe???

Panic set in, followed by a peace.  I pride myself in finding everything around this house - eventually.  So I knew the forms would turn up.  In the meantime,  I remembered one of the ladies birthdays earlier in the month  (see this post) and made her a card.  Lo and behold, two or three days ago I found the door prize forms  while working on this post.  I quickly transformed from overtired mother and housewife into "Super-Stamper-Librarian Woman" and put those cards in date order. Then I read the dates and realized that I had a card to create for Bonnie.  Here it is:

I had the butterflies cut ahead of time. One of them is a retired color, Barely Banana.
The bird was punched out of So Saffron card stock using the Two-Step Bird punch, then sponged with Regal Rose ink.  I glued a ring of Pear Pizzazz leaves from the bird punch onto Crumb Cake card stock.  (I chose that color because I didn't really think my project through to the end.  Next time, I'd do it over again using another color.)   I sponged the First Edition dsp, the card base, and the Modern Label shape with Soft Suede ink.  The sentiment is from the new birthday stamp set from the Occasions Mini called Bring on the Cake.  The card size is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". 
Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Paper: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink, First Edition designer series paper
Ink: Regal Rose, Soft Suede
Accessories: Two-Step Bird punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslits die, dimensionals

Clarice had one teeny accident today while I was in the shower.  She came into the bathroom and said, "Mommy, I peed. Don't worry, I keened it all up."  After I got out of the bathroom, I saw the wet kitchen towel beside her potty and a trail of pee footprints leading from the dining room to the kitchen.

Happy Stamping!

Susan

3 comments:

Paper Potter said...

What a darling card!!! And I have all the punches and stamp set .... Yea! Thanks for posting, Celia (Hill Country Stampin')

bensarmom said...

Your card is beautiful. I'm going to have to try your design on a few cards. Your story made me laugh out loud. Made my day!

The Country Rose said...

This is just beautiful!

Barb