Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Combined Color Lab/Stamping 411 Challenges


One of the perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is that I get to order from their catalogs a full month before they go live.  As soon as I saw the Gently Falling stamp set, I knew I had to add it to my stamp collection.  Then after I saw the Color Lab Challenge I knew the Gently Falling set would be perfect with the colors Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and a touch of More Mustard!  I checked out the  Saturday Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411 to put my creation together.  Here it is:



Hmm, wonder if the Color Lab challenge design team had the Spice Cake designer paper in mind when they chose those colors. 

I stamped so many of these gentle leaves that I decided to make another more simplified card:



Stamps: Gently Falling (upcoming Holiday Mini!)
Paper: Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede More Mustard, Spice Cake dsp
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Stampin' dimensionals

My youngest daughter Clarice has had a fever for the last two days.  She's getting better now, but had a LONG three hour nap this afternoon.  I'll probably be up late with her tonight.  And now my six year-old says she doesn't feel well.  I'm sure they'll be feeling better soon!

Happy Stamping!

Susan

7 comments:

Lisa Kmiec said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the DSP and how you used it on your vertical strip. It almost looks like ribbon! Very pretty

Jen Mitchell said...

I knew when I saw this stamp set, that I needed to have it, and now that I've seen this gorgeous card, I know I'm right! I love how you've inked up the leaf.

gbarron56 said...

Susan -- love that leaf and your use of the DSP == great job -- thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

bensarmom said...

Susan, this is just gorgeous! I think you are going to become an enabler for me to get this set. I've been trying to resist. LOL

Margaret said...

Hope your girls are feeling better!
Your cards are beautiful! I love this stamp set and really wish I had preordered it w/ my other goodies!!

Lesley said...

Oh nice! I love that new stamp set and the colours you used.
Smiles,
Lesley

Sunflower Stamper said...

Beautiful card! Love your multi-colored leaf!! Perfect use of the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColorLab!!