Sunday, August 7, 2011

Strength & Hope Stamp Camp Extravaganza Part 1

Since the end of May I've had four Strength & Hope stamp camps.  For the first installment at the Oil City YWCA I created these three cards.  Inspiration for all of these cards came from Stampin' Connection, an online community for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  A big thanks goes out to all the demonstrators who make my job easier!

This card was inspired by a very similar card created by Jen Andrews.

I copied this card from Donna Schafer.  I called it my "Man Card" of the group.  A more feminine variation would be to stamp a Crumb Cake butterfly instead of the flourish.

  Inspiration for this card came from Lynda Frasier.  I changed the colors a bit.I inked the butterfly with Pretty in Pink, then added Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry with markers. I then spritzed the stamp with a little water.  It's hard to see in this photo, but there are Dazzling Diamonds on the butterfly.  I also had a variation using Pretty in Pink designer paper instead of the Old Olive.







(Having a little "operator error" with this blog post. The photo above says it's centered and so does the caption. But they certainly don't look centered to me.  Not going to worry about it!)


Because I wasn't sure how many participants would attend this stamp camp, I had everyone make two of each card.  As it turned out I had lots of people sign up for this stamp camp - and they bought the stamp sets, too.  But over half of them could not attend.  That is why/how I repeated the stamp camp.  Of course, I had to challenge myself and come up with more designs using this fabulous stamp set.  So stay tuned for more samples using the Strength & Hope stamp set!

Happy Stamping!

Susan

2 comments:

Dale Morin said...

All great cards but my favorite is the first. I love that embossing technique. Followed over from SC

bensarmom said...

Susan, these are just beautiful! I love the last one. You've encouraged me to get this set out and stamp with it.