Friday, January 6, 2012

Baby Boy Card - And a Bradley Update

Randy used my van most of the week to drive back and forth to work because the new tires for his truck were on order (nothing like waiting for a snowstorm to get those tires!).  He just got them on last night.  I've got the SU! logo on the van, but no one stopped him for a catalog.  Must've been all that snow we got!

My bestie Liz is having a baby boy next week (or sooner if she goes into labor).  I am so glad that I got her card finished before the birth.  Here's the card:
When I first got this stamp set (free from SU! !!!) I really didn't know how best to use it.  This way is pretty straightforward. The trickiest part for me was deciding what colors to use.  Even though Liz is having a boy, I couldn't resist coloring the hearts pink!  Aside from the coloring, it's a really simple card. Next time I use this stamp set, I may try the "spotlight" technique.

Here is the scrap of paper I used to test my marker colors.  It was a good use of those 1/2" scraps that I hoard, LOL!
I took Bradley to the orthopedic surgeon this morning.  He suffered a shoulder separation. This means that the end of his collar bone got pushed up away from his shoulder joint.  He didn't break any bones at all.  Bradley can do any activities that he feels he can do.  (He also said no gym class for two week, but Bradley doesn't have gym this grading period.)  He has to go back for a check-up in two weeks.

On the drive back to school, I told Bradley that I wished I had a copy of his x-ray to put on my blog. A visual would be good, right?  Well, he told me I was weird.  Well, I was only joking.  But I did agree with him that I'm weird.  No matter what we do all parents are weird to 12 year-olds, right?

Stamps:  Packed for Baby, Friendly Phrases
Paper: Just Add Cake dsp, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, various markers
Accessories: none

Happy Stamping!

Susan

6 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Susan. Your colouring looks fantastic. Liked the tip about the markers and scrap paper. Glad Bradley has no broken bones! Happy New Year

Eileen Lang said...

I like what you did with that large stamp, using the whole block instead of just using a few of the pieces. And, hopefully your son is feeling better soon.

Annie Lee said...

I love this card! I think I will CASE it and maybe do the spotlighting, like you suggested. That way I don't have to color so much! :)

Lesley said...

What an adorable card! So happy you found me, and I do hope you will join my challenge.
Smiles,
Lesley

Margaret said...

Adorable! I haven't inked mine yet, but this is inspiring me to get it out!
LOL at being a weird parent. You must be doing your job correctly if he feels this way!

bensarmom said...

Susan what a wonderful card! When I saw this set I got overwhelmed but now that I see yours it's not so overwhelming at all. Love your layout. Love your comment about being weird. It's my job, I tell my kids to be so weird that they can't believe it! LOL