Friday, January 20, 2012

My Second Merry Monday Creation

I am really having fun with this new Merry Monday challenge.   Here's the sketch:
 
And here's my card:
Oops, I would've put a wider piece of ribbon on it, but I ran out.
I used colors similar to a sample from last year's catalog.  After last week's plunge into watercoloring, I decided to do it again.  Seeing some personal improvement, I think.  I'd love to hear your comments about this card : )
I used ink pads and blender pens to color the little girl.  For the trim on her coat, I used the Very Vanilla Watercolor Wonder Crayon and a blender pen.  Then I covered it with the Versamark pen, then used heat & stick powder and iridescent ice embossing powder.  Look how sparkly it is!  I matted my art piece using this method.

On a family matter, Bradley went back to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday to have his shoulder checked.  The doctor said his shoulder is healing just fine.  We're heading into another snow storm tonight, so Bradley will be looking for shoveling business tomorrow morning.

As far as the Stampin' Up! Convention is concerned, one of my customers, Barb, has already agreed to check up on Randy and the kids during my absence.  She said that she'd even bring them a meal. What a sweetie!  Doesn't sound like a bad idea to "assign" one day to SU! customers and friends to help my family while I'm away. I could even offer an incentive.

Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Serene Snowflakes
Paper: Watercolor, Blush Blossom, Pear Pizzazz, First Edition dsp,
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Garden Green, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Peach Parfait, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla watercolor wonder crayon and blender pen
Accessories: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, Versamark Pen, Heat & Stick powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, heat tool, Victoria Trim, Twitterpated buttons, linen thread, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

Susan

7 comments:

Shelia said...

very pretty card. I really like the touch of lace and the sparkle on the little girl's fur!! I haven't attempted much water coloring, but this looks fantastic to me!!

None None said...

So cute - I love this set and your coloring is fantastic! Love the sparkle on her fur trim!

Carol Lucas said...

Such a sweet Christmas card: love the sparkle on the little girl's coat!

Bonnie said...

Very nice watercoloring! I love the sparkle on the "fur" trim.

Lesley said...

What a great friend to help you out! I think your watercolouring is lovely. I am happy you are enjoying the sketches. Thank you for joining me again.
Lesley

LeAnne said...

Well, this has to be my favorite set of images to watercolor (also one of my favorite things to do!) and you have created a sweet Christmas card; especially love the glitter!

Creative Mystical Memories said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love it!!! Following from stampin connection and www.creative-mystical-memories.blogspot.com