Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm going to the Stampin' Up! Convention!!!

Ever since I became a demonstrator, I've heard nothing but FANTASTIC things about Convention.  Last fall I entered a challenge from one of my uplines, Janet Wakeland, to make a change jar and put it in a place where I'd see it every day so that I could save money to attend convention.  Now I know that some of the kids (and Randy!) have taken change out of this jar from time to time.  But the money is adding up.  (I'll have to deposit it in my bank account soon!)  I've also earned money from my Stampin' Up! business that will help pay for the trip.  I'm determined not to use family money to go.

Insert Drum Roll here  ...I am really excited to announce that I've booked my hotel for the Stampin' Up! Convention this July in Salt Lake City!!!  I'll be traveling with my friend and downline, Linda.  Convention registration doesn't open until April.  Securing the hotel room is the first thing we've got to do.  We're also looking into flights.

The next thing I must do is prepare the children and Randy to get along without me - laundry, cooking, cleaning (who am I kidding about that one???)  I love my family dearly, but I can't wait to get away from them and re-energize myself.  I'm sure they'll do fine without me.  Randy will do things his way, but things will get done.  (After I get back I'll probably have to hire one of those teams who come in and clean up a hoarder's mess.)  Poor Dide said tonight that Dad will probably feed her ramen noodles and scrambled eggs all week.  I promised her that I wouldn't feed her eggs at all the week before I leave.

Anyhow, I'm staying at the Radisson.  Here's some info on how to get a room and attend some preconvention stamp camps:



 Radisson Sleeping Room block
215 West South Temple, Salt Lake City UT 84101,
Reservations: 1-800-395-7046 US/Canada Toll-free

Telephone: (801) 531-7500 

When making your 2012 reservations please say
you are with the Late Night Stampers group so you will get your free breakfast box each morning.

One Discounted Room reservation per participant PLEASE.
The room rate is $125 per night which will save you $115 if you stay with us for 5 nights.
you will also continue to receive a FREE box breakfast each morning
(muffin, fruit and yogurt.)

Happy Stamping!

Susan

4 comments:

Sherrill Graff owner said...

I love that yu won't feed her ramen or eggs all week before you go.
I also LOVE that we don't have to eat ramen or eggs when we are there! If you enjoy clam chowder, the Radisson has the BEST chowder I have ever tasted. The chef said it's a "family" receipe. YUM!
See you there! Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

Jennifer said...

Loved reading your story. It is my goal to get to convention was we get back to the States.....We are a military family living in Okinawa, Japan. I am gonna love seeing everyones pictures though til I get there :)

LeAnne said...

Convention is always a blast....hope you have lots of FUN! Wait til you see all the goodies you come home with!

Terri said...

I stayed there last year, it's a nice hotel! I wish I could say I was going to convention again this year but probably won't be. The air fare is just too much! I do hope to go again though!