Sunday, January 15, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge Sale-a-Bration Style!

I've been wanting to play with my new Sale-a-Bration items.  This week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge gave me the push to put the ink to the paper.

I'm tickled that I caught the glimmer of the shimmer paint spray in the photo : )
A little details: I ran the Lucky Limeade card stock through the Big Shot using the hearts Adorning Accents embossing folder then adhered the Pool Party ruffled ribbon with sticky strip.  Then, I added a little depth to the stamped frame and the sentiment by sponging with Soft Suede ink and adhering both layers using Stampin' Dimensionals.  Next, I stamped the key stamp from the Elementary Elegance stamp set and punch it out with the Jewelry Tag punch, then added a few more tags to the Vintage Trinkets pin.  Last, I sprayed the card with Champagne Mist shimmer paint mixed with alcohol in a spray bottle.

Here's the sketch:

Stamps: Elementary Elegance, You're a Gem
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Everyday Enchantment designer series paper
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Adorning Accents tief, Curly Label punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Vintage Trinkets, Champagne Mist Shimmer paint,  Pool Party ribbon, sticky strip, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

Susan
PS- My card looks very similar to Diana Gibbs' card.  However, I came up with the idea independently of hers. Kinda strange.

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty card! Love the DSP and love seeing the new set!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty, great DP you used.

Margaret said...

Such a pretty, shimmery card! Great use of the sketch and I love the ribbon layered over the embossed paper!

Christine Alward said...

I am a new Follower, like your site and work.