Saturday, February 19, 2011

Intensifying Hue Emboss Resist

I watched a video a few days ago on Stampin' Connection, the online community for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. It showed a new technique on France Martin's blog.  At the time I read France's blog post, she wasn't sure what to call her technique.  She used pinks and reds along with a different stamp set.  Here's my version:


Basically, you stamp your image on glossy white paper with versamark, then apply clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then cover post-it note strips over the glossy white paper and sponge color onto to it.  The only trick is to be sure to keep your post-it notes in place when sponging each color.  After you're finished sponging, then you remove all the post-it notes and wipe the excess ink from the versamark-ed image.

Stamps: Style Beautiful, Curly Cute
Paper: glossy white, Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: versamark, Bashful Blue, Marine Mist, Pacific Point, Night of Navy
Accessories: clear embossing powder, heat tool, stamp-a-ma-jig

After I made this card, I checked France's blog to find out if she decided on a name.  She chose "Creative Color Chip."  Lo and behold, France had created a card with blues.  So I'm off to make another version.  This time I'll do some greens.

...Several hours  and a sleep later:



Happy Stamping!

Susan

2 comments:

bensarmom said...

Susan, these are gorgeous! I'm going to give them a try soon. Thanks for passing this along.

CreativSpirit said...

Lovely cards, thanks for the inspiration.