Monday, February 14, 2011

Thank Ewes

Last week I made "Thank you" cards for the customers who ordered Stampin' Up! merchandise at my friend Barb's workshop.  I like to have orders come to my house so that I can spare my hostess the bother of sorting merchandise.  At the same time, I can look at all the goodies and make the "thank you" cards to let my customers know that I appreciate them.

The stamp set I used is called Pun Fun. It's one that I've had for a few years and haven't used for a while.  So, I thought it was time to ink up one of them.  Take a lookie:


Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: whisper white, textured whisper white, red glimmer paper
Ink: jet black staz-on, pink pirouette (sponging)
Accessories: 1 3/4 inch Circle punch, Heart to Heart punch, dimensionals

The card base is the textured whisper white and measures 3 x 3 inches. The sentiment comes mounted at the bottom of the stamp, so I masked the card base to get the "thank ewe" on the card.  Then I stamped the ewe on a piece of whisper white, punched her out with the circle punch, then added the red glimmer paper heart. After I completed the first one, I thought it needed a little something. So, I sponged the edges of the circle with pink pirouette ink .  What a difference it made.  (Sorry, no before and after photos.)

I could really use a nap today!  Dide (pronounced Dee-da, a Dutch name for you new followers) was up coughing from post-nasal drip last night.  She woke me up at 2:30 am and I couldn't get back to sleep partly because I thought she was going to get sick and partly just from the noise of the coughing. It didn't help that my husband was also snoring!  I let Dide stay home from school again today. She missed last Wednesday-Friday because of a fever. Now that the fever is gone, she's got this post-nasal drip cough.  Hope I can get to bed early tonight.

Happy stamping!

Susan

No comments: